Run out, Easter 2014

Like a good wine, vintage Rovers need appreciating
lakesrally

Run out, Easter 2014

Post by lakesrally » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:36 pm

I thought I would take the 16/50 out for it's first proper run of the year. Back in about 1930 Rover took a 2-litre over the Wrynose Pass to prove how good it was, I thought it would be fun to recreate one of the photos they took that day at Ulpha Bridge.

This image is cropped from the original brochure, hence the wheel in the top right of the picture. Terrible tinting of the original picture.

I couldn't stop for long enough to pose properly as per the original, there is too much traffic nowadays, plus it was Easter Saturday which made the traffic even worse than normal. I didn't want to spend ten minutes putting the hood up either!

Paul Gregory

Re: Run out, Easter 2014

Post by Paul Gregory » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:53 pm

Good to see that you have managed to get the picture Stewart, I remember we discussed this some time back.
Hope the run out went well.
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

lakesrally

Re: Run out, Easter 2014

Post by lakesrally » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:31 pm

Good thanks Paul, a couple of minor issues when we first set off but it soon settled down and we had a good day. Battery wasn't charging at first, but it suddenly started to charge without me doing anything after about 7 miles, not sure if the dynamo wasn't giving an output (sticking brush?) or the regulator was playing up but it behaved for the rest of the day. I was also getting a wet foot as oil was dripping from the pressure gauge union, that was easily cured by nipping it up.