Big hello from the new kid in Rover town 1948 p3

neil.henderson

Re: Big hello from the new kid in Rover town 1948 p3

Post by neil.henderson » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Patrick,
I have just joined this forum as I bought a P3 (1948 6 cylinder) late last year (2010) - it needs a complete restoration, especially its interior, plus I will do a complete repaint!
So far I have stripped the car almost completely as it needs to into a welder to get a new sill made & welded on, plus some metalwork in the sunroof where the sliding rail has rusted. Your note (below) mentions a 'shop manual' that details how to do a P3 restoration. I am fascianted by this & would love to get my hands on a copy as there are some parts that stump me right now (like how to get glass out of the door windows).
Can you please tell me how I can a copy of what sounds like gold?

Thanks Neil

patrick hiron wrote:Hi Moshe
I rebuilt a derilict P3 and chronicled my adventures in the RSR magazine " Freewheel " Ask the RSR librarian to print out a list of articles under the heading of "Isambard Kingdom Brunel " or "Patrick Hiron" , this will give you a list of how not to do it and how to get it right afterwards articles !!
The original Rover manuals are full of advice of the " Return the motor and defective component to your Rover dealer , who is uniquely equiped to deal with this problem "type . Translation ,Gentlemen do not get their hands dirty !
You should get the RSR parts list and the latest version of the RSR P3 shop manual, which deals with the reality of rebuilding and maintaining a 60 year old classic car . The shop manual has a detailed section on how to strip , rebuild and set up the the weird, Rubik's cube ,P3 clutch actuating mechanism
Cheers and good luck ,
Patrick [RSR P3 75 Technical consultant ]

GOY189

Post by GOY189 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:04 pm

Hi Neil,

The workshop manual and a parts list can be ordered on line - see the RSR website - WWW.thersr.co.uk, you can pay with Paypal and an Airmail option is available. You might like to join the RSR, we have been publishing Freewheel the club magazine since 1953, and there are many helpful references available from the Club's pre 1950 librarian, as well as Patrick's expertise.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mike Maher

moshe

Post by moshe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Hello friends !
Here is a link to some photos of my "fair lady "(better late then never)

https://picasaweb.google.com/moshect/Mo ... feat=email#

Moshe from Israel.