buying rover 25 sei 1.4

May split into separate groups if we have enough posts
pajama1

buying rover 25 sei 1.4

Post by pajama1 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:59 pm

hi i ambuying a rover 25 that is british racing green.the thing is the registration docs say its silver fromnew? the seller a second hand salesman says rover do this as the spray alltheir cars silver then spray the customers colour later? is this true?

Paul Gregory

Re: buying rover 25 sei 1.4

Post by Paul Gregory » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 am

Doesn't sound right to me. I've never heard that MG Rover ever did that. I don't have direct experience of the 25 but both my 75's have always been blue, never any hint of silver pain on them. Our MG TF is the same, no hint of having ever been silver. I think you are being told a porky on that one. Would make me quite cautious about the whole car. Are any of the door jams / under the bonnet showing silver? If they are it would suggest a respray into Green, you then start wondering why...accident damage? If not I would want to dig much deeper including checking VIN and engine numbers against the reg doc. Might be worth an HPI check as well. If in any doubt, walk away - there are still plenty of 25's out there.

Silver cars have been popular recently, so seems unlikely that someone would choose to paint it green...though I would personally prefer green over silver.

Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

pajama1

Re: buying rover 25 sei 1.4

Post by pajama1 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:28 pm

thank you have done a HPI check through RAC they have no record of anything amiss though they alsohave it as silver?