Voting at the Rally 29.06.2014

johnwp5bcoupe

Voting at the Rally 29.06.2014

Post by johnwp5bcoupe » Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 pm

Can someone enlighten me please? "this is not sour grapes" it is an unfair way of judging :?

There are X number of cars in a class and you are asked to vote for a car "other than your own" which is fair enough, so you do the right thing and vote for a car you like! but you are the only one to do so so the car is given the class win because you are the only one who bothered!
Is this a fair way of judging the best example present?

I couldn't get through to the committee members who I spoke to they didn't seem to grasp what I was getting at!! and feeling exasperated I commented this would be my last time joining the RSR as I believe in fair play, a few adverse comments came back but I ignored them! I will be only one of many so one less will not be noticed.

A similar thing happened last year when a car was given 1st and it wasn't even at the show and the owner was coerced into taking the award!!

Give every car entered a voting slip for all classes it makes the judging fairer this is normal at a lot of shows.

Come on RSR Committee be fair to guys who bother to turn up in the pouring rain to support the club :roll:

Please don't insult my intelligence by saying "members of the committee judged the class" we sat in the car all day mostly in the rain and saw no member of the committee any where near our car!!

GOY189

Re: Voting at the Rally 29.06.2014

Post by GOY189 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:14 am

John, your points are noted, although we disagree with your views. btw shouting at the committee doesn't help the message get through.

Mike Maher
Chairman

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Re: Voting at the Rally 29.06.2014

Post by Forum Admin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:39 am

Admin has locked this topic for further comments.
Forum administrator