This has been covered before, at least as regards removing and replacing the aircon controls/ front ashtray/ cigar lighter/cup holder and you need to do most of this to get at the harness behind the "dashboard"
1. using a thin plastic card or similar gently push behind the
clmate control/air con fascia edge all the way around to remove the black plastic face
2. using the same card and approach remove the 'plastic' wood facia
from the switch bank below the climate control.
3. undo the 4 screws holding the climate unit in place-withdraw the
unit and remove the three wiring plugs from the rear. Store the unit safe
4. at each end of the switch bank housing below the climate unit you will see a push in plastic
clip-push these outboard (iirc) so that the switch bank can be withdrawn.
Disconnect the multi plugs from the switch housing rear , remove and store the unit safe.
5. at each top side of the ashtray unit just inside the fascia there is a
(push in) clip. Push these in and remove the unit slightly.
6. disconnect the multi plug and lucar plug from the rear of the
ashtray (these feed the lamp and the lighter-and can be fiddly to get out
7. The two leads to the lighter may also be attached via a clip to
the rear of the ashtray unit. This clip slides on and off the rear and
is quite tight and inaccessible.
8, The whole ashtray unit then comes out. If you then want to
remove the cup holders do so with real cuation - the cupholders are held in by a thin
plastic clip on the inboard front lower edge. If this clip is not freed
before releasing then it will snap very easily.
9. When fitting the new ashtray unit, ensure that the two plastic protrusions on the base of the ashtray unit are put inside the facia space otherwise you can spend 30 minutes wondering why on earth it wont go back in! this job will take around 30 minutes."
I suspect that you will find that you only need to dismantle part of the facia to complete your job.
Hope this helps