Rover steering wheel???

Please announce yourselves here when you join
matrax2

Rover steering wheel???

Post by matrax2 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:50 pm

Hallo all,
I bought a steering wheel on Ebay to fit to my Kitcher Special.
See pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/33424105@N ... 2521439847" target="_blank
Thought to recognize the hub to be the same as on my car, but haven't been able to try yet, because the car is in presently in a workshop for a new tonneau.
Could someone confirm it as Rover and if so from what type of car could it originaly have been?

Second question: the wheel has some cracks in the plastic cover. I would like to repair this, but am afraid 2 comp. glue or resin will solve the material.
Would someone know what is best to use?
Regards, Hans
My first car ever (40 years ago): Rover P5 3-litre
Now: JZR-Harley Davidson Shovelhead (Morgan clone) and '36 Kitcher Special Tourer

GOY189

Re: Rover steering wheel???

Post by GOY189 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:44 pm

Hello Hans,

I'm not sure but the steering wheel certainly could originate from a Rover, As regards cracking in the plastic cover, there are firms in the UK who sell an epoxy resin that many people use to repair cracks. I have a kit to deal with the cracking on the Bluemels Wheel in my Kitcher, but have not yet got around to using it!

best regards

Mike Maher

andrewmcg

Re: Rover steering wheel???

Post by andrewmcg » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:54 pm

Hello there Hans

I have studied the photos of the steering wheel and it looks very similar to the one on my 1935 Speed 14 streamline coupe, the centre bush looks identical but I think the plastic type sleeves on the spokes on yours seem longer, ie go nearer the centre bush. Unfortunately as the car now resides in Italy I can only go on memory.

Good luck and regards
Andrew