New/Old Member

Please announce yourselves here when you join
MacKellaich

New/Old Member

Post by MacKellaich » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Hi all, not exactly a new member as I was (still am) on the Old Rovers forum.
I am John MacKellaich I have a 1935 Rover 12 6 light and a 1946 12 6 light as well (glutton for punishment) I am in Inverness and am available for anyone touring in the Highlands with their Rover if you run into trouble,(if you are on the west coast probably Tim Moore on Skye is a better bet) I am no expert but have a garage with power and light and tools, and if it is major at least you have somewhere secure until recovery can be sorted out. If you are in the area with your old Rover call in I am 1 mile from Culloden Battlefield. I am in the RSR members book (always keep it with you) so if you do have a problem you can always phone and I will try and help out.
I think this is a useful way for Rover owners to spread knowledge and advice around and also to ask questions, as the cars get older much of the advice needs to be retained for the younger folk out their who have not found their way to “One of Britains Fine Cars”.

Also before I close I must commend the website folk who have spent many hours burning the midnight oil to bring about this addition to the RSR website well done all of you.

lakesrally

Re: New/Old Member

Post by lakesrally » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Welcome John. I can vouch for John's hospitality, I called on my tour of Scotland with the P3, which christened the road with a small(ish) patch of oil. We were made very welcome.

Regards

roverdriver

Post by roverdriver » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:13 am

One mile from Culloden eh! Would like to call in one day, but it is a long way from Melbourne, and I might not be very welcome if I let it be known that my surname is Hawley!!
Dane, roverdriver, not a Viking!

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:23 am

Glad to see you finally made it here John. I was speaking with Jim Johnstone last week and he mentioned your cars