Please announce yourselves here when you join
geofftjones

Post by geofftjones » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:14 am

Hi All,
After some time of looking I've just brought a Rover 12 Tourer 1936. It's in pretty good shape having been previously restored a few years ago. I'm looking forward to attending a show or two and generally driving her about. In the past I've owned various classics from the sixty's but this is my first of this era.

Happy motoring Geoff

TonyG

Re: New Member

Post by TonyG » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:51 pm

Hi Geoff,

Welcome to the RSR. It's great to see someone getting to grips with a pre-war car and finding out what motoring is really about! I believe that the RSR was founded by enthusiasts of Tourers and, as the owner of one myself, it is good to hear of another joining the club. I look forward to seeing you and your car at Rover event sometime.

You don't say where you are in the country but, if you are anywhere near the Essex/Suffolk border, feel free to give me a call and we can exchange notes on our respective cars.

Tony Gilbert.
Tony Gilbert

P1 12 Tourer
P2 12 6 Light Saloon
Discovery 3
Discovery Sport

geofftjones

Re: New Member

Post by geofftjones » Mon May 07, 2018 9:42 am

Hi Tony,
Sorry for delay is replying have been away in sunny Spain. I live in Alton Hampshire which is a little way away from your end of the world, but not impossible. I've sent away and just got back the steering box I used Dave Dudley and was very impressed with the service. I have a pal coming around tomorrow and hopefully we will get her back on the road then. She has a few chips and small dents but over all is I hope in quite good order. Most of the gatherings seem to be up north are there any meets down this way?

Cheers Geoff