Hello from Australia

Please announce yourselves here when you join
Ballarat Bertie

Hello from Australia

Post by Ballarat Bertie » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:21 am

I have recently purchased a 1937 Rover 16 Sports Saloon. It was origionally imported to Australia by a Dr Hewitt and was given the nick name "The Lucky Lady". I'm afraid the lady's luck ran out some time ago when a very poor restoration and cover up job was done on it. Anyway I now have it and I intend to give it the restoration that it deserves from ground up. The problem that I face is that it appears to be the only one still registered by Rover Australia, in Ausstralia. That means that no one over here knows anything about them. The knowledge over here seems to starts at post war, 1947 models. I'm searching for a complete car that I can copy to get the restoration right. Can any one out there can help? I need Photo's and advice.
The "user name" comes from a Bitter that was made here in Ballarat Victoria Australia. Ballarat Bertie was the publician with a jug of beer in hand, advertising Ballarat Bitter. The brewery (100 years old) also made stout and together with the bitter, had a very good name for a quality and taste (I still miss it). Unfortunatly the brewery was taken over by one of our largest breweries and shut down about 25 years ago.

Regards Steve.

47p2

Re: Hello from Australia

Post by 47p2 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:39 pm

Hi Bertie, welcome to the RSR Forum, You want to speak with Jim Moule as he has had a few prewar Rovers

He is a member on here but has only posted twice, it might be worth dropping him a pm

paul williams

Post by paul williams » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Welcome Steve,
glad you sorted out your registration problem.

Paul Williams
1929 2litre Saloon
1934 P1 10HP
1951 Rover Cyclops
1974 P6 3500
1998 LR Discovery I

Ballarat Bertie

Post by Ballarat Bertie » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:10 am

Thanks for the help and advice.
Regards Steve