Hello there

Please announce yourselves here when you join
edthebad

Hello there

Post by edthebad » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi there
I've joined the forum, even before picking up the car - how keen am I? About to pick up a very good condition 216 Cabriolet tomorrow for my wife so I'm looking forward to drive back. Bit nervous about the old Head Gasket problem (having had one go on me about ten years ago) but the head was done and skimmed last year apparently so I'm just prepared to keep checking the coolant!
Looks a great forum

Ed

paul williams

Re: Hello there

Post by paul williams » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:18 pm

Ed,

welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new car, or should I say your wife's new car. Let us know how the journey goes and post a few pictures when you can.

Paul Williams
1929 2litre Saloon
1934 P1 10HP
1951 Rover Cyclops
1974 P6 3500
1998 LR Discovery I

Neal P2

Re: Hello there

Post by Neal P2 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Hi Ed,

Welcome also and hope you enjoy the Cabriolet. I must say I always thought it was a smart looking design. Did the 216 suffer hgf problems also? as I thought this was the Honda unit. My father had the hatchback version (214 sei) and this was the Rover unit which did have the problem but after new gasket and valve work it didn't cause trouble again - at that time it was only two years old and Rover refused to accept there was a problem! The only other problem I remember was the rear wheel arches corroding around the edges otherwise it was a great car.

best wishes

Neal