RSR at Stoneleigh Restoration Show 26 October

Details of meetings etc where Rovers can meet
paul williams

RSR at Stoneleigh Restoration Show 26 October

Post by paul williams » Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:44 am

Hi, just a reminder that the RSR will have a stand at the Stoneleigh Restoration show this coming Sunday ( 26 October ) Please come and say hello if you are there.

http://www.classiccarshows.org.uk/restor.html" target="_blank

The following is a short clip from Spring 2007, showing a P3 and Lindsay working on his P4 straight 6 engine rebuild, just in front of my cyclops that was having it's rear springs seen to.

This year we will be playing with Mike's Kitcher. See you there !
Last edited by paul williams on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:35 am, edited 3 times in total.

Paul Williams
1929 2litre Saloon
1934 P1 10HP
1951 Rover Cyclops
1974 P6 3500
1998 LR Discovery I

paul williams

Re: RSR at Stoneleigh Restoration Show 26 October

Post by paul williams » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:07 pm

Just a little late,

thanks from the RSR to all who turned up at Stoneleigh this year, those who were helpers and those you stopped by to say hello.

The following is a short clip of Mike reversing the Kitcher into our space and my daughter Alix testing the free play in the steering box.

Apologies about the shaky camera work :oops:

Paul Williams
1929 2litre Saloon
1934 P1 10HP
1951 Rover Cyclops
1974 P6 3500
1998 LR Discovery I

Phil - Nottingham

Re: RSR at Stoneleigh Restoration Show 26 October

Post by Phil - Nottingham » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:26 pm

Interesting - how was the show this year in these hard times - we used to regularly attend braving long queues to park in muddy flooded fields (no longer in the hard standing spots actually inside the showgroud) a long walk or wait for the free coach transfer and then disppointing stalls paricularly the open air ones towards the end where real bargains were once had.

We always pre-booked too but in the end decided it was no longer value for money taking entry fee and petrol cost into account. Better choice and P & P on Ebay became better value!

One year we queued so long the P5B we then had suffered vapor lock on the typically cold day but actually not wet for a change (it had never done this for years even in hot summers) we abandoned it by the roadside and walked in, getting in faster than other cars in front that waited. Went back 2 hours later to retrieve it and park up after everyone was in
P2/P4/P5/P5B/LR's - EXJ 8**/2**8MY & others