Cumbrian Rover Rally 2009

Details of meetings etc where Rovers can meet
Paul Gregory

Cumbrian Rover Rally 2009

Post by Paul Gregory » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:53 pm

Hi all,
Just thought I would put the date of next year's Cumbrian Rover Rally up on here so that you can pencil it in to your diaries. The rally will be over the first weekend in July (3rd - 5th) and will, as usual, be based in Dalton In Furness in south Cumbria. We will have a good length road run on the Saturday followed by an evening meal at a pub and a shorter run and visit to place of interest on the Sunday. Further details will appear on our website http://www.btinternet.com/~p.w.gregory/ ... ameset.htm when I have firmed them up.

Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

Paul Gregory

Re: Cumbrian Rover Rally 2009 (3rd - 5th July)

Post by Paul Gregory » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:58 pm

Way past time I put some more details up about our event this year, so here goes...

Our event is a very informal one, aiming to giving people the chance to meet up, have a drive on some of the great roads here in Cumbria and visit a venue of interest. It will run with the same format as previous years and will be based in Dalton In Furness, in the south of the county. Friday night we’ll meet up in the Brown Cow pub to catch up with previous attendees and to meet new ones. Saturday we will go on a road run which is likely to be something around 100 miles and will see us undertaking a few climbs and descents as we travel round some of the roads of the Lake District. We will return to Dalton late afternoon and meet up again at the Brown Cow for a pub meal. On Sunday we will have a shorter road run ending up at Sizergh Castle http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w- ... tlegarden/which is a National Trust property. We would be pleased to see anyone who can come along, whether for all or just part of the weekend. If your Rover is ill, or doesn’t like climbing hills, why not come along in something else – we will be pleased to see you whatever you drive!

If you would like any further information, including suggestions of possible accommodation, or are able to confirm that you will be coming please let me know. My contact details are in the front of Freewheel (Post '50 Librarian) or you can PM me on the forum.

Hope to see a few new faces this year.

Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

Richard Clements

Re: Cumbrian Rover Rally 2009

Post by Richard Clements » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:07 pm

I love that part of the world, I'll see if I can make it that weekend although I am off to Italy a couple of weeks afterwards (In a R800)
1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks Richard,
Would be great if you can. Let me know when you've had chance to check things out.
Regards
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Richard Clements

Post by Richard Clements » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:32 pm

I will do. ;)
1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Just thought I would give this a quick 'bounce' up the events list as it is fast approaching now. I believe we have got a good route sorted for the Saturday run of about 100 miles which works its way around a fair bit of the Lake District.

It isn't too late to let me know you are coming - just post a message, PM me or contact me using the details in Freewheel.

Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:20 pm

I have finally got round to posting a few pictures from this event onto my website. You can find them at:

http://www.btinternet.com/~p.w.gregory/ ... y_2009.htm

Regards
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian