Drive it Day at the RAF Museum, London on Sunday 22 April 20

Details of meetings etc where Rovers can meet
NickDunning

Drive it Day at the RAF Museum, London on Sunday 22 April 20

Post by NickDunning » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:37 pm

Drive it Day at the RAF Museum, London on Sunday 22 April 2012 - 10am to 4pm

This large and incredibly interesting Museum is only 30 minutes from Central London but is easily accessable from the M25 and M1. Follow the brown and white tourist signs from M25, M1 (Junction 4 Southbound), A41, A5 and North Circular (A406) roads.

The General Manager at the RAF Museum has kindly agreed for us to have a line up of up to 40 cars (25 places have already gone so as at 21 February there are only 15 places remaining) and has arranged a special area on the gravel part of the museum car park near the RAF Rescue Boats and not far from the restaurant. The museum have very kindly agreed to do this at no charge. Entry to the museum is free. The only cost will be a £3-50 car park charge per car payable on the day for using the car park for the 6 hours between 10am and 4pm. There is a very good and quite reasonable restaurant which opens at 11am. You can come on your own or bring family and friends in your car.

If you want to come you must:

1. Let me know as sooon as possible as places are limited.

by sending me (nickdunning) a pm message via this forum - I will then pass your details to Tony Bunting, the organiser.

2. Come on the day in your classic Rover.

3. Let me have your name, car model, and registration number;

4. Agree to try and arrive at 10am as that is when the gates open. Note: At the stroke of 11am any of our places not filled will be taken away by the RAF Club and used for the general public so do not be late!

5. When you arrive at the museum see the attendant on duty at the car park entrance gate and inform him/her that you are from the Rover P6 Club. If you are on my list you will be directed to the Rover P6 Club special parking area.

Last year we went to Brooklands on Drive it Day where they kindly arranged for the 25 P6 and older Rover cars that attended to use a reserved area in their car park where the cars could line up allowing members from far and wide to meet each other, look at each others cars and of course visit the museum.

For this year I have arranged an outing to the wonderful RAF Museum at Hendon on Drive it Day and we have places for 40 cars.

To get there by Road:

RAF Museum London
Grahame Park Way
London
NW9 5LL

N.B. SatNav Users - Currently several SatNav systems have incorrectly indexed the RAF Museum postcode which means that people are being told that they have arrived at their destination whilst they are still on the M1. As a result it is recommended that rather than typing the RAF Museum postcode NW95LL into your Sat Nav system that you put in the road name "Grahame Park Way". If this does not work we suggest putting in the postcode NW9 5QW which will direct you to the small industrial estate that is located next to the Museum.

Hope to see you there but you must be on the list so contact me asap!

Thanks
Nick
Nick Dunning
Events Secretary, RSR

1964 Rover 2000
1969 Rover Three Thousand Five