The Bristol Classic Car Show

Details of meetings etc where Rovers can meet
Richard Clements

The Bristol Classic Car Show

Post by Richard Clements » Sat May 02, 2009 5:13 pm

Off to the above event in the morning, strangely is in Shepton Mallet Somerset, I'm looking forward ot seeing some of the vintage stuff on display I would imagine there will be some Rovers there. I will take some pics and post them up.
1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic

Richard Clements

Re: The Bristol Classic Car Show

Post by Richard Clements » Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 pm

My son and myself went to the Bristol Classic Car Show at the Bath & West Showground just outside Shepton Mallet Somerset this morning, out of the door at 8.30 which was a little earlier than my son would have really liked. We got down to Bristol and I found myself behind a MGB GT V8 with twin exhaust which sounded loverly but bleedin heck was it loud, he blipped the throttle and it reverberated through my car!.
Anyway I followed him all the way to the showground although he entered via the exhibitors entrance and I went in via the riff raff entrance and some off roading !!
We got there just as the gates were opening and we were about the 20th car that had turned up, after a short wait we were through the turn-styles and had been given our goodie bag containing 2 Tea Bags a small aerosol of Ladies deodorant various small bags of sweets (fishermans friends) and a cereal bar. What was that all about ??

Anyway we made our way down to the display area to find we had beaten most of the exterior exhibitors too, but that was good as I have noticed they get a bit packed in and there is no room to take some good photo’s.

The good thing about this show is they have some very large cattle sheds so a lot of stuff was under cover, good if the weather isn’t being kind although it was overcast at times it did behave itself for once.

On to the cars, Morgan was well represented I got bored of looking at them! there was a good turn out from the various clubs and there was plenty of trade stands selling various wares some of which looked only good for the bin!

Richard Clements

Post by Richard Clements » Sun May 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Other Non Rover interesting stuff.

Richard Clements

Post by Richard Clements » Sun May 03, 2009 8:54 pm