Scottish All Rover Rally 2009

Details of meetings etc where Rovers can meet
Paul Gregory

Re: Scottish All Rover Rally 2009

Post by Paul Gregory » Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Just got back from the SARR this evening as we extended our stay at Lauder for a few extra nights. Had a great time at the event, including the road run on the Saturday complete with a couple of navigational challenges - one our fault, the other from a glitch in the instructions!

Great to see the pictures posted up already...and nice suprise to see my cycle featured as well. I thought I was in with a chance for the oldest Rover this year until I saw Marie had made it again with her terrific little 8. I haven't been able to date the my Rover Roadster for certain at the moment, and suspect it to be either 1923 or 1924 so got pipped at the post by the 8!

I thought it was great to see such a large display of modern 75's there this year, ours included. It was also good to see such a clean and tidy early SD1. I had originally planned to give them a little competition by taking our SD1 Vitesse but I ran out of time to get it sorted. May be I'll get it there another year.

Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

Richard Clements

Post by Richard Clements » Thu May 28, 2009 3:19 pm

I'm sorry Paul I didn't realise you were there, otherwise i would have said hello :D
1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Thu May 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Richard,
No problem, likewise if I had known you were there I would have said hello as well! With so many vehicles there it was impossible to say hello to everyone. Hopefully we'll meet at some later date, perhaps even the Cumbrian Rally which now seems to be fast approaching!
Regards
Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.