I smell a rat............P2 for sale

Any parts you want or have to get rid of, tell us here
47p2

Re: I smell a rat............P2 for sale

Post by 47p2 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:04 pm

I've also reported this car to ebay, but it still appears on the for sale list. Poor effort from ebay and I hope nobody looses out to this scammer

Oddly enough someone emailed me a few days ago asking if I knew this car and I told him that I didn't, I also mentioned that I had asked the vendor for more details but to this day still await a reply, so the person who contacted me sent them a message and got more or less the same reply as the above
You can view all photos at:
http://s1175.photobucket.com/albums/r625/RoverP214hp/
Immaculate condition, no damages, nothing to worry about. All necessary documents available. My current location is Scotland due to my work commitments. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £3,700 delivered at my costs.
The deal will go strictly according to eBay Buyer Protection rules and policy.
Thank you
Sarah

All typical scammer answers and when you think that transport costs would be the best part of £1k to the London area makes for a very inexpensive P2

The email address the reply came from was sarah@ukmpd dot com and if you do a whois on ukmpd there is not the usual information

All very worrying and not a lot of help from ebay

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Just noticed on the advert it states

(Not eligible for eBay Buyer Protection)

So you would have no protection from ebay

Forum Admin
Site Admin

Post by Forum Admin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:54 pm

This item is listed as no longer available, lets hope this is a result of the actions take by people on this forum.

SteveWB said
Before this I had text from sarahm0129 asking me to send an email to rover@ukmpd.com if I was still interested.
Do you have a phone number for the text or if you received an email from rover@ukmpd.com can you post the header information, it would be interesting to see if it is traceable.
Forum administrator

47p2

Post by 47p2 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:55 pm

Well lets hope that nobody has parted with any money

Poor show from ebay as they took far too long to remove the advert

The vendor doesn't give out phone numbers, here was the latest correspondence from the chap who contacted me
I received the request to sort out the money and they would deliver the car.

I replied that there were so many scammers on eBay that I would not part with any money until I saw the car.

It will be interesting to see if I get a reply.