Any parts you want or have to get rid of, tell us here
landybeast

push bikes

Post by landybeast » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:23 pm

is there any rover push bikes for sale out there and are they expensive

Phil - Nottingham

Re: push bikes

Post by Phil - Nottingham » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Mike Couldry of Meteor Spares (for running board Rovers) has a nice collection of a slection but outside of a museum I have never seen any including the motorcycles they also made pre-war
P2/P4/P5/P5B/LR's - EXJ 8**/2**8MY & others

Paul Gregory

Post by Paul Gregory » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:50 am

There certainly are some in existance, and various people have varying quantities. Whilst I wasn't 'agressively' looking it took me a good few years to come across one for sale and that wasn't on the open market. I have heard suggestion that they do occasionally turn up on ebay but I haven't gone hunting for them on there. As to price, well it all depends on where you find one, what model it is, what condition it is in, how many people want it, what the vendor wants to sell it for and how much you are prepared to pay...
Happy hunting!

Paul
RSR Post 1950 Librarian

Do you have anything which could be added to the RSR Library for the benefit of all members? Please let me know if you have.

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:18 pm

I saw a Rover shop delivery bike, with the big basket on the front and a small front wheel, for sale in quite good condition a few years ago at the Cumbria Steam Gathering. I should have bought it because when I went back later in the day it had gone. Never seen another one like it.

richard moss

Post by richard moss » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:38 pm

lakesrally wrote:I saw a Rover shop delivery bike, with the big basket on the front and a small front wheel,
"G-g-g-ggranville, f-fetch a cloth".

1990 827 Sterling manual
1990 Jaguar Sovereign 4 Litre on LPG
1969 MGC GT (currently hibernating)