P3 Fuel line, between pump and carburettor

SA103

P3 Fuel line, between pump and carburettor

Post by SA103 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:08 am

Hi
I've been waiting to get round to working out how to upload pictures - but its taking me too long! So I'll see if I can ask the question without pictures. I'm effectively missing the original line between the pump and carburettor of my P3. It's a really dodgy looking modern rubber hose and one of those ryco filters - looks awful. So I've found an old (what I believe to be original) fuel line which I can use as a pattern. It was given to me as a pattern and I'm fairly sure its P3 - the shape is right and it has two male brass fittings - one each end. The carburettor has a long copper/brass tube, that ends in a male thread as well. This would then need a double female connection? Has anyone got access to a car that could illustrate what the original arrangement is like (my email is adrian.brown@ozemail.com.au - and I could send the photos to show what I'm talking about)
Cheers
Adrian

lakesrally

Re: P3 Fuel line, between pump and carburettor

Post by lakesrally » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:37 am

Hi Adrian,

I am away from home at the moment but should be back later this week. Send me a couple of photos by attaching them to a PM and I'll get back in touch when I get home.

Bernie Hurren

Post by Bernie Hurren » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:51 am

Hi Guys

It will be great to see as mine is a modern hose as well

Bernie

SA103

Post by SA103 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:41 am

Hi Stewart
I've had a lesson in uploading pictures - so have attached three pictures that at least partly describe my first post. Here is a picture of the pipe now on the engine, the old pipe - possibly useful for pattern or parts for remake and enlgt of end that comes off the fuel pump.

Hope you can help also if anyone else has advice would appreciate it
cheers
Adrian

neil.henderson

Post by neil.henderson » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:38 am

Hi All,
I have just emailed Adrian a photo of my fuel line which is half flexible (braided) hose & half metal pipe with a screw fitting holding the 2 halves together. It seems to work very well and I'm more than happy to share with others (or I can learn how to upload photos - is it easy?).
By the way when I bought this P3 is had a running problem traced back to poor fuel supply to the carburettor - turned out that the fuel pickup in the fuel tank was alost completely blocked!! A hour with carbie cleaner and wire bruch got it working again - make a heck of a difference.
My other P3 has a single metal pipe connecting pump to carburettor.
BTW I took my P3 to Terribly British Day here in Canberra today - plenty of Rovers but just my P3 - lots of gorgeous Bentleys and Rolls Royces!!

Regards Neil Henderson

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:48 am

Here are some photos of the flexible fuel pipe on my P3. The line was remade by a local hydraulics company using the ends from the original pipe, which was split, and a new length of flexible pipe.

djm16

Post by djm16 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:19 pm

I have bumped this thread as I also need to do something about the pipe between the pump and carb.

Unfortunately my fittings were disposed of by a PO (or his mechanic) and a 1/4BSPT barbed fitting substituted for the banjo at the carb.

Does anyone have spare bits of the these lying around that they can bear to part with?