New member Steve

Please announce yourselves here when you join
Steve6

New member Steve

Post by Steve6 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Hello everybody, Having reached that tender age where my little Triumph sportscar didn't have the same appeal anymore, I recently set about finding something more upright, more sedate and something that my dear lady wife could share. I fancied something with running boards, suicide doors, semaphores etc and am delighted to report the purchase of a 1948 Rover 75 P3 6 light. Having already got my fingers burned with impossibly rusty projects in the past, this time I unashamedly let somebody else have all the grief, bit the financial bullet and bought a ready restored car. The registration no is EG 8840, and from the file full of invoices that came with it, the car appears to have spent most of the last 25 years languishing in various garages around the country, the restoration seemingly taking place in at least 3 stages. I'm not sure if the car is well known to the RSR, having been off the road for so long, but I would love to hear from anybody who knows the car or can fill in any of it's history. I'm very pleased to be a new member of the RSR, and will no doubt have lots of questions to ask of the site gurus ;) . Regards Steve (Bedford UK)

deckell

Re: New member Steve

Post by deckell » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:28 am

welcome to the fold steve a very fine choice you have made. i have a 1949 p3/75 6 light.regards Derrick.Smith

Steve6

Re: New member Steve

Post by Steve6 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Thank you for the kind words Derrick, I've already noted that a lot of Rover P3's found their way to Oz, and there seems to be quite a few RSR members there too. Any particular reason or is the same true of the other marques like Austin, Morris, Riley etc?

Regards
Steve