Please announce yourselves here when you join
lctorana

Post by lctorana » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:52 am

Hi,

Bruce from Melbourne, Australia here with a P3 75 4-light, once owned by Keith Austin.
Hoping to get it drivable and re-registered soon, but the front brakes have me stuck at the moment!

lakesrally

Re: New member

Post by lakesrally » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:13 pm

Hi Bruce, welcome to the forum. Tell us about your problem with the brakes, I'm sure someone on here will have the answer.

lctorana

Post by lctorana » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:02 am

Thanks.

The bleed nipples had been overtightened to billyo, jamming the little balls deep in their sockets, sealing the bleed valves off completely.

My local garage is working on getting the balls out for me, but I will quite possibly have to get new oversize balls, and get the mating surface machined smooth.

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:48 am

Here in the UK there are companies that overhaul the cylinders for reasonable cost but I am not sure what the situation is in Australia, though I would be surprised if there were not someone similar.

neil.henderson

Post by neil.henderson » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:55 am

Hi Bruce,
I also have a P3 4-light which I bought from Melbourne - had it transported to our home here in Murrumbateman NSW. Are you aware of Rove 2014 which is happening in Forbes in September? I'm not able to make it (it's being run by the NSW Rover club) but I'm sure it will be an interesting event.
Also - are you aware of Scotts Old Rubber in Melbourne? I have found them to be very helpful and definitely a useful source of P3 parts here in Australia!!! You can find them here http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/catalogue.htm on the Internet.

Good luck with the brakes & let me know if you get really stuck - I have a P3 6 light here with bad rust in the sills & roof that is my sacrifice car for parts - the front hubs are complete on it at the moment...........

Regards Neil Henderson

deckell

Post by deckell » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:06 am

Hello bruce welcome to the fold i have a p3/75 6 light in bundaberg in sunny queensland.there is a chap in melbourne that i have purchased parts from in the past he may be able to help you he did have some front hubs the last time i looked.you can find him at www.aussiemap.net/rover/spares.html his contact details can be found on this site.hope this helps regards Derrick.Smith

chris dancey

Post by chris dancey » Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome Bruce, Might be an idea to join Dennis Gallacher and his happy band of enthusiasts on the Rover Australia Yahoo Groups forum...lots of chat on there with good ideas and help.

Chris
1934 ( 1935 model ) P1 '10' Saloon RD 6160
1935 P1 '10' Saloon ( originally JB 6729 ) now VSJ 156
1946 P2 '14' Sports Saloon KPG 855
1933 MG J2 Cycle Wing Model APB 560
1933 MG J2 Competition Model ALX 124