P2 Clutch problem

MikeB

Re: P2 Clutch problem

Post by MikeB » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:56 pm

Hi Stewart

I bought the clutch plate from Mike Evens, and while he was inspecting my old plate he had concerns over which plate to replace it with relating to thickness, we finally decided on a replacement plate with what seemed to be not overly thicker than the original but this did give issues as related

The pressure plate seems to be the correct thickness just the linings had a little more meat on them, the reason I made several packing pieces was to try different thickness until I got what I wanted and I would be able to adjust them as you stated if required

Regards

Mike

stuartbell

Re: P2 Clutch problem

Post by stuartbell » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your reply. Between yourself and Luli, this has given me some food for thought, as I know that (from my initial inspection of the running gear on my '10) I am going to face this challenge - at least in part. Building-up the shims in stages, so they can be removed in stages (if desired) seems a valid enough fix if it means that pedal efforts are kept consistent throughout the life of the clutch linings. If I can get my clutch free, I shall have an experiment along these lines....

Regards,

Stuart
He with the most toys wins....