Please announce yourselves here when you join
Tom

Post by Tom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Hello,

I'm Tom, i'm a Draughtsman (yes we do still exist!) and i live in South Norfolk.
I have recently bought a 1940 Rover 10 Saloon as a restoration project with spares that i very much look forward to starting!

47p2

Re: New member

Post by 47p2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:24 pm

Welcome Tom and congratulations on your restoration project.

A few pictures before and as the restoration progresses would be great for the forum

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:08 am

Thank you,
I see you also state Land/Range Rovers.
I also have a 1987 110 as our daily/family car, robust and simple to work on.

So here is my Rover 10 in current state. It is in storage at the moment, ready and waiting.
The chassis is incredibly well preserved, the body not so, (cills, door bottoms, rear inner arches and boot floor from what i can see, but this will probably grow) an added bonus was that i got a good few parts with it so this should help.
I'm quite keen not to restore it, but preserve it as much as possible and use it.
It has a few bumps, hit by a falling tree, remarkable little damage to the roof, and hit a mini, denting the rovers front wing, the mini didn't fair so well!

luli

Post by luli » Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:36 pm

Welcome to the club, Tom. You can find a lot of information on Rover P2 on the web and in this forum in particular. Get the workshop manual and spares list from the RSR - they are essential. The site in my signature describes in great detail the restoration of a Rover 10, including where to get spares.
Rover 10 1946 RHD
Rover 10 1947 LHD
Rover 12 1947 tourer LHD
http://lulisml.wordpress.com/

classicclara

Post by classicclara » Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Tom

Welcome to the club...we're in North Suffolk so quite near you! We're in the process of restoring our 1949 P3. A long process - have had to move restorers twice and even then the second one didn't get it on the road - our local mechanic is now in charge of it. So if you want any advice on any businesses that are good or to steer clear of - just let me know. Would appreciate if you'd let us know anywhere you've had good or bad dealings with. :)

Perhaps see you at a local show in the future!

Best wishes,
Becca
-------------------------------