Fuel union on P2

deckell

Re: Fuel union on P2

Post by deckell » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:06 pm

Rob i know what you are going through, i spent the best part of 6 months doing the same exercises with no results on my p3/75, all my problem with starvation was some person had replaced the rubber seal on the fuel cap but failed to punch the small breather hole to correspond to the vent hole in the metal plate in the cap.the car has never run better. best regards Derrick.Smith

RobHomewood

Post by RobHomewood » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:30 pm

Derrick
Thanks for the moral support - I certainly need it. And yes thanks I have checked the fuel cap- it is such a sloppy fit no worries about a seal there!
Rob

RobHomewood

Post by RobHomewood » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:23 am

Alas I was optimistic too soon- I have changed the last section of fuel pipe and removed the pressure regulator and still the same problem. I also cleaned out the Solex 30FAAI carb bowl and checked the jets and float etc. Starts and idles OK but once warm she still falters and dies when revved- including sometimes spitting flames out of the carb air intake! (I have removed the air cleaner) So it looks like I shall have to abandon hopes of travelling to France in her next week- unless anyone has any new suggestions? I have run out of ideas (and expertise) I cant work out whether it could be the carb the distributor or timing or anything else.
Rob

luli

Post by luli » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Sorry to repeat myself, but the way to focus on the source of the problem is to use alternatives: Alternative petrol supply (gravity fed! no problem to do that if the car is static) alternative distributor, coil etc.
Rover 10 1946 RHD
Rover 10 1947 LHD
Rover 12 1947 tourer LHD
http://lulisml.wordpress.com/