Sunroof drainage

p3man451

Sunroof drainage

Post by p3man451 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:05 pm

Hi all. Can anyone tell me where the sunroof front rubber drain tubes exit the car. I've tried a " mole" using stiff cable but suspect it stopping at a blockage. How easy is it to replace ? - I assume it goes down the A posts - no sign of it in that area underneath car. Thanks Alan p3man 451

lakesrally

Re: Sunroof drainage

Post by lakesrally » Tue May 30, 2017 11:14 pm

Under the front wings. There should be two pipes exiting there on each side, one from the front of the roof and one from the windscreen surround.

p3man451

Post by p3man451 » Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks Stewart, There is no sign of these pipes . I need help as to their location, roughly. There's a lot of underseal on undersides of both wings. If you could point me in the rough area, I'd be most grateful. Do you know if rear and front windscreen seals are available from anyone? Thanks for your time . Alan p3man451

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:54 pm

I'll get a look at the car and take some photos, maybe tomorrow as the car is not at home. Windscreen seals were available from Mike Couldry and I suspect that Mike Evans may have dealt in the too, I would try them first.

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:10 am

Sorry for the delay, life got too busy to get to the barn where the car is. The pipes appear in the second 'bay' back between the sills directly underneath the A post area. The photos show my pipes, which are not original (plastic garden hose) but follow the route of the original rubber.

GraPar

Post by GraPar » Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:36 am

p3man451 wrote: Do you know if rear and front windscreen seals are available from anyone?
Try http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/R ... 948-49.htm