Bijur bits David Moseley's advert in Freewheel

luli

Re: Bijur bits David Moseley's advert in Freewheel

Post by luli » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:16 am

As you can see in the parts list, Rover used the same front axle 39 - 47. Therefor some holes remained unused. You can cover them with a rubber plug.
Rover 10 1946 RHD
Rover 10 1947 LHD
Rover 12 1947 tourer LHD
http://lulisml.wordpress.com/

David2021

Re: Bijur bits David Moseley's advert in Freewheel

Post by David2021 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:43 pm

Good Idea!
Does anyone know for sure what is the BiJUR meter unit's male thread that screws into the Rover components ?
The four SE2 meter units I have removed so far appear to have a normal male 3/B 20 BSF thread on the inlet(for the 5/32 pipe), and a male thread with a diameter of ~ 0.370 at the shoulder and down to 0.355/360 at the " business" outlet end. Is it a BSP Taper thread? It is, of course, quite short so not easy to establish the TPI, but it does not at first look seem to be a much finer (28TPI) thread.
Out of interest perhaps, is the fact that the rear dumb irons were fitted with the correct SE2s, but the front dumb irons were also SE2, not SE1....so would appear to be trying to supply twice as much oil as recommended...if it ever got through the bunged up meter valve! Only the rear dumb irons specify SE2...so where did the front ones come from?
I wonder what other anomalies I will discover. Cans of worms come to mind.
An aside...it might be worth setting this thread up on it's own as it has drifted away from David Moseley a bit, but I don't know how to do it!
David