1934 Rover 12 Petrol tank

digcot65

Re: 1934 Rover 12 Petrol tank

Post by digcot65 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:58 am

Thanks I realised that at the last minute ,before fitting it back in It wiped the smug smile off my face,when I thought I had completely cleared the problem .Just have to wait until next week to book the car in to have the tracking and caster angles checked I can then give the car a good test and see if it is going to be easier to drive.I realise that as one gets older you just have to accept things and compromise.It will be a shame after all the work and how nice the car is,that I have go for one with more assisted steering and brakes. Ive owned a few Rover P5Bs so I would be happy to have another one Len

digcot65

Post by digcot65 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:08 am

Blocked the short pipe up so no reserve.I also now have an in line filter fitted so should be fine.I can`t run it today or tomorrow,as sadly we have two funerals to go to .However I can`t think of anything that needs doing on the car,so twiddle my thumbs till I have time to take it run Len

digcot65

Post by digcot65 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:38 am

I blocked the shorter pipe up and it now seems fine I also have an inline fuel filter fitted,so should give some protection against dirt I have`nt time to try the car today or tomorrow,as sadly we have two funerals to go to .Next week I am booking it in to have the tracking and caster angles checked,They will set the tracking there and then ,when I know the caster angle I can consider reversing the wedges,but see how it goes.How it behaves once the steering it set ,will answer my question as to whether to go for a more modern classic such as a Rover P5B I`ve restored a few and really like them.My wife keeps on to me that I should accept the fact I have got older and not as healthy as I was.Ive restored over 30 cars over the years and always sold them on for a new project and I`m wondering how I am going to feel about this Rover,now there isnt anything that really needs doing.I know you can always find a job to do,but next week I will have the answer Len

digcot65

Post by digcot65 » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Have modified the fuel pick up and that was the source of my problem,with the reserve tap seized .Take it for the tracking and caster angle test next week.I will be very interesting to see the tracking .Checking roughly in the garage,with a long metal pole held against the front wheel it does seem to be toe out.Len

digcot65

Post by digcot65 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:51 am

Morning ,I`ve now sorted the fuel supply out and blanked off the shorter pipe. Worried me a bit when it was running out of fuel on the way home back up the hill .I know the hill where we live is steep,but I was sure there was enough petrol in the tank,whatever happened.Any way one more problem out of the way.I`m taking it to have the tracking and caster angles checked this coming week.Checking the tracking roughly it seems out Len