P2 1947 16HP engine mods.

DenGal

P2 1947 16HP engine mods.

Post by DenGal » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:48 am

Morning All

I’m just about to start the rebuild of a 47 16 HP engine and hope a few of you may be able to help with a few modifications.

I would like to re-profile the cam, not by much just something to give it a bit better performance or something in keeping with the type of sports special it is.

I will also need information on the modification to the cylinder head that I have asked about before that helps with overheating but such is Murphy’s law that now I need it can’t find where I saved it...!! Whilst talking about the head I will be changing the valves to allow for the car to run on un-leaded any advice there.

In the RSR P2 manual its suggest that I get as many moving parts balanced as I can.

If anyone can help with the above or any further information or suggestions that I can pass over to the engine work shop would be greatly appreciated.?

Take care of yourself over the holidays and all the very best to you and yours for the new year.

Kind Regards.
Den Gallacher

lakesrally

Re: P2 1947 16HP engine mods.

Post by lakesrally » Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:50 am

Hi Den,

There was a comprehensive article written by Harry Johnson and Pete Humphison in Freewheel number 232, April 1992. Use the Contact form on the RSR web site to request a copy of the article from Anne-Marie Rowland or, if you want a copy of the complete magazine send me £1, my details are on the inside cover of the Freewheel. I hold the club stock of Freewheel backnumbers.

Regards