Rover P3 Sport saloon

Mmryan

Rover P3 Sport saloon

Post by Mmryan » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:10 am

Quick question as Im very new to this forum. I am From Sydney Australia, and have just inherited a 1948 P3 75 sports with all original components. I started to look at restoring it but just dont have the time to put into the car to bring it back to its glory days.It has a little bit of rust (expected in most cars for its age). I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction of a price or the best place to sell the car.
Thanks Morgan

47p2

Re: Rover P3 Sport saloon

Post by 47p2 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:03 pm

Welcome Mmryan, There is a classic car rally held in Macquarie Street, Sydney at the end of january, I'm sure if you took it there it would generate plenty interest

neil.henderson

Post by neil.henderson » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:58 am

Hi Morgan,
I live in Murrumbateman (just outside Canberra). I have 2 P3's - a 4-light and a 6-light. The 4-light is running & registered. Really great to hear that you have a P3, the 4-light models are more rare BTW & therefore probably worth more.
I'd suggest:-
a) contact the NSW rover club & get them to put an advert in RoverNet which is their monthly magazine that they distribute via email, loads of rovers seem to get sold this way. Contact is rovernet@roverownersclub.com.au). Think about putting it in ebay - I bought mine from a lady in Melbourne via eBay
c) Have a look at www.justcars.com.au - there was a P3 for sale on there last week, it was around $19k I think but in apparently very good nick
d) let other people around Sydney know of your car (via the Rover club) - I know of at least one person in Sydney (Harry Solomou) who is restoring a P3

Good Luck Neil Henderson
p.s. why sell a P3, they're great fun!!

Mmryan

Post by Mmryan » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:11 pm

Thanks heaps for the help
ill try post some photos of it soon it might generate interest one this site.

Neil - i know what you mean they are such cool looking cars and the technology for its time is remarkable but being 21 i just don't have the time for the project :( .

Jolly Rogers

Post by Jolly Rogers » Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:19 am

Hi Morgan, does the Rover hold any sentimental value to you? If it does then you'll probably kick yourself later on for letting it go. I constantly regret letting go of my Grandmothers Torana when I didn't have the time, space or money to restore it.
I'm not sure what your situation is but if you have the room to store it and do little bits at a time that would probably be the best way to go. If you post some pictures up of the car and the rust ect we might be able to advise you how best to go about fixing it up.
I'm in Brisbane and am currently doing repairs to one of my P3's just to get it road worthy, then Ill be restoring the other one from the ground up. Time and space are my biggest set backs.
There are not enough young people taking an interest in these old girls for my liking. I get strange looks from people when they find out of got a Rover and I'm in my 30's but I don't care, it's a rare car and worth the time and effort to keep and enjoy.

Steve

Mmryan

Post by Mmryan » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:34 am

This is are some pictures of the car (hopefully it works)

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/morgan ... iew=recent

lakesrally

Post by lakesrally » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:26 am

Looks pretty ok in the photos Morgan, I've seen worse at events (including mine)! Nice to see the original rear lights, they are hard to replace. If you can store it until you have time to fix it up then I think you should keep it. Providing the rust is only on the surface then don't worry too much about the looks, get it running and have some fun. Best of luck.