P3 electric cooling fan

classic

P3 electric cooling fan

Post by classic » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Has anyone ever fitted an electric cooling fan to a P3 75, eg a Kenlowe? Any information would be appreciated, for example the type of fan used and fitting procedure.

lakesrally

Re: P3 electric cooling fan

Post by lakesrally » Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi, sorry I cannot help with your quest for knowledge but I would question whether you need to fit one, unless you are in Australia or somewhere equally as hot. I've taken my P3 up some pretty serious climbs and long motorway trips in very hot weather and never felt the need for more cooling. You might just need to get your radiator re-cored. Best of luck whichever way you go.

classic

Post by classic » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:50 pm

Thanks Stewart -
I had the radiator re-cored some years ago and everything works fine with the cooling but sometimes when driving on a very hot day (it's 30C here in Norfolk again today - 28th June!) with a following wind the temperature gauge does creep up to around 90C. Also when queuing in traffic on such a day (for example when leaving an event) the engine does get very hot! So I thought it would be handy to have an electric fan back-up in such situations.
There seems plenty of space between the grille and the radiator so fitting should be fairly easy, I just wondered if anyone had already carried out such a modification.

P3Steve

Post by P3Steve » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:34 am

Hi Classic I also live in Norfolk ands have had similar experiences when waiting to go in or leave a show, the old police gala at the Norwich show ground was one that caught me out the other year, It might be worth giving the system a good flush through first I took advantage of the water pump being replace last year to flush the block out and get the rad checked that was OK but a lot of crud came out the block and it dose seem to run about 5 degrees cooler now holding a steady 85 now where it would peak at 95 and on occasions boil