Den Gallacher

Please announce yourselves here when you join
DenGal

Den Gallacher

Post by DenGal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:59 am

Hi List,
One of the joys of getting old is failing memory, I get to meet new mates everyday, can not recall names or if I submitted a p[ost to the forum. If I have forgive me if not read away.
I've been a member of the RSR for a few years now. Even attended one of the get together in Wales earlier this year.
Living here in the remotest city in the world is not easy more so when you need parts or help with finding someone so hope the forum will help with that.
Cars I have in order of age are:-
1936 Speed 14 streamline coupe. this one is sitting in the garage waiting for me to start on her.
1946 Rover 12 special.this one is in the workshop getting a total resto which I'm doing along the lines of what I think Roly Kitcher would have done if he had the modern equipment that is available today.
1847 sports14. This one I rescued from being a hot rod with a whacking great ford V8?( which fits..??.) unfortunately there is no running gear so thought that I would use a chassis from a p4 with the running gear from a P6 or SDI.

And last me SD1 with a slightly go faster engine..!!!!!

47p2

Re: Den Gallacher

Post by 47p2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:53 am

Hi Den, welcome to the forum. That 1847 Sport 14 must be a heck of a car ;)

Do you have any pictures of your fleet

DenGal

Post by DenGal » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:49 am

sorry mate Nelson lot nicked em,,,,Only have ones of me cars from the 20ff century...(smile)
I'm off to blighty early next week so have to get a few other things sorted before we leave. If I get time I'll send a few photos including the 1946 one (smile) I think thats what they call a "typo".
Dengal

matrax2

Post by matrax2 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:48 pm

Hi Den,
Nice to see another Kitcher owner!
I wonder what you are intending to create. Mine was built in the early eighties, his last one, and is mostly 1936 technics.
It does have a closed cooling circuit with modern radiator and expensioncontainer and tacho and speedo look like Jaguar.
Best Regards, Hans.
My first car ever (40 years ago): Rover P5 3-litre
Now: JZR-Harley Davidson Shovelhead (Morgan clone) and '36 Kitcher Special Tourer

Richard Clements

Post by Richard Clements » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Hi Den and welcome
1989 827 Si Fastback, Manual, Pulsar Silver Metalic

The Flying Dutchman

Post by The Flying Dutchman » Sat Dec 20, 2008 4:55 pm

Welcome Den. 8-)
Job.
'73 P5B Saloon
'96 220 Coupe
'97 820Si
'96 Triumph Herald 12/50
'96 Triumph TR6

Due to recent cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel is switched off !!

andrewmcg

Post by andrewmcg » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:14 pm

Welcome to the Forum
Good luck with your prospective restorations.
Meantime re the 1936 Speed 14 streamline coupe, according to the RSR archive database the only other Speed 14 streamline coupe we know about in Australia was in South Australia circa 1975 /1985 in the ownership of a Peter Harris, it was also a 1936 model chassis no. 631014, Peter described it in 1975 as condition 'G' ie off the road in need of restoration, is this your car??
If not it seems we now know of 2 in Australia??, if so would appreciate knowing your chassis no. for the database and as you say a photo in due course much appreciated.
Regards
Andrew - RSR pre 1950 archivist

DenGal

My streamline.

Post by DenGal » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:28 am

Hi Andrew.
I have spoken to Peter Harris in Oz unfortunately not for long so cant tell you much about his car except that it had been damaged in a garage fire to what extent I don't know.. I say Peter Harris in OZ because would you believe the chap I bought my Streamline from in the UK is also a Peter Harris only this one is in Wolverhampton UK so from now on will be known as UK Pete..
As to my car the engine and body number is 631074, dont know the chassis numbers as I dont know where to look to find it? The strange thing is the V% shows it as a Aug 37 car but Mike Maher said that it was a 36, I dont care what year I'm just a happy chappy that I have one. It would not take much to get her to start and run, clutch, brakes, Kink pins in fact all the runing gear looks fine. The big problem with her seems to be the back of the coachwork has rotted causing the body to drop.
As I will be over to blighty on the 28th I will have my RSR mag with me so perhaps I can give you a call.
Take Care and have a super Christmas.
Den.

andrewmcg

Post by andrewmcg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Hi Den
Interesting to read your message many thanks for the info, the number you quote is also the chassis number .
So we now have 2 speed 14 streamline coupes in OZ lets hope 'Ozzie Petes' car is not a write off?, keep me posted if you hear any further news.
FYG your car was in the RSR in the 1970's early 80's with John Grainger who also lived in Wolverhampton and he described it as off the road cond 'G' needing restoration. He also mentioned on his membership form that the car was first registered 9th July 1937??. I have no knowledge of 'UK Pete' ownership as seems he was not a member of the RSR, as far as I can tell.
Mike Maher is correct your car is a 1936 model, as indicated by the first digit '6'in the chassis number, the correct model year is important when looking for spares, in any case these models were not produced in 1937.
You will see in my earlier forum posts that I owned and restored a 1935 model, it also needed quite a lot of ash framework replaced in the rear boot/wheel arch area. It now resides in Italy.
By all means give me a ring when you are over and lets see if we can meet up, should be no problem my end as I am about for most of January except for the first few days.
By the way I still have some interesting pictures of the work I did or had done on my car which might be of interest to you ?? In fact I have promised copies to fellow RSR and forum member Dirk Burrowes in the States who is also restoring one of these streamline speed 14's and his car is also ex the UK, so can duplicate copies for you at the same time, please let me know.
Seasons greetings
Cheers Andrew

Dirkco

Post by Dirkco » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:34 am

Hello Den,

I also have a Streamline a 1935 model which I purchased in the UK early last year. I would enjoy seeing some pictures of your car. Is yours a sports model with triple carbs? If I can be of any help let me know, pictures etc.

Glad to know that there are more then a few restorations going on.

Dirk in the States
dirk@vy-tek.com" target="_blank