New member Christina Bodén

Please announce yourselves here when you join
andrewmcg

Re: New member Christina Bodén

Post by andrewmcg » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:40 pm

Hi Christina

The total production of 14 saloons and sports saloons for 1934 was in fact 2,000 the chassis numbers ran from 421001 to 423000, and the main reason for so few surviving is the ash framework in the body, it tended to be infested with woodworm and water and tended to fall away as either dust or rot or a combination of both.

Glad to hear you are already a member of the RSR, and the person that might be able to help you with your registration authorities is Lyn Thomas and you will find his contact details on page 41 of the current membership list.If nothing else he can probably provide you with a letter written on RSR paper confirming the model and age of your car, it is worth a try.

Good luck
Andrew

Christina

Post by Christina » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:05 pm

That would be great, Andrew!
I will contact Lyn to se if he can provide me with something to prove that the car really is what I say it is.
And I'm a little bit nervous what we will find when we start taking the car apart.
Maybe it will be more carpender than mecanic work ;)
I´ve always said that I wanted a Morgan, and they don´t rust, they get worms. Well, I haven´t got any Morgan yet, but I might have got the worms :lol:
Where to I find the membership list to get in touch with Lyn? Somewhere on the RSR website?

andrewmcg

Post by andrewmcg » Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:07 am

Hi Christina

Bit busy at the moment and only just reading your last post, the membership list is not on the website but will make some enquiries on your behalf but the person I need to speak to is at the big Beaulieu Auto-jumble this weekend
so will revert to you next week after speaking with him.

Regards
Andrew

andrewmcg

Post by andrewmcg » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:55 pm

Hello there Christina

Have now managed to speak to the person I wanted to re yr car. He is our Chairman Mike Maher and he is going to contact you directly with a view to supplying you with a suitable letter for the Swedish Registration authorities.
By the way any chance of a picture of your car??

Gpod luck
Andrew

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:10 pm

A picture would indeed be great. I'm quite curious, too.
Klaus
1954 Rover 90 (LHD)

Christina

Post by Christina » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:09 am

I just receiver a mail from Mike Maher yesterday and I talked to the authorities. I think his letter will be a great help.
And I'm gonna try to read me through how to post pictures.....

Christina

Post by Christina » Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:58 am

ImageImage

Christina

Post by Christina » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:00 am

I don´t know if I was successful with posting som photos of my 1934 Rover 14 Sport Saloon. If this works I can post more photos (hopefully, If I find my way back to Photobucket.....)

Christina

Post by Christina » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:44 am

Here is some photos from when we fetch The old girl from the container where she´s spent the last 20 years. She looked a bit sad where she was standing, and I almost saw her blinking to the sun when we draged her out. She didn´t move easily, The old girl. But all wheels turned, and once we got some air in them, everything was much easier. Amazingly, three of the tires kept the air. The fourth I had to take to a tire-shop so they repaired it.

roverdriver

Post by roverdriver » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:52 am

Congratulations Christina. You have worked out posting photographs, and from what I see, you have a most magnificent car there. I am quite envious! I sincerely hope that you can get it on the road soon and have much enjoyment driving it.
Dane, roverdriver, not a Viking!