Hi from Staffordshire

Please announce yourselves here when you join
Devilish

Hi from Staffordshire

Post by Devilish » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:34 am

Happy to be a new member of the registry, stranger here but not other Rover clubs, Rover fan since my school days, owned Rovers for 35 years
My present and 4th Rover 75

Last edited by Devilish on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you

47p2

Re: Hi from Staffordshire

Post by 47p2 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:32 pm

Welcome, your car looks very nice

Neal P2

Post by Neal P2 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Welcome Devilish,
It's good to see new '75' owners on the forum. I purchased my first one about 4 months ago (Facelift Contemporary V6) and must say it's an absolute pleasure to own and drive.
Yours looks in stunning condition - even the bonnet shut looks nice and tight, which seems to be unusual on the facelift versions - What are the additional lights set below the foglamps?

Devilish

Post by Devilish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Neal P2 wrote:Yours looks in stunning condition - even the bonnet shut looks nice and tight, which seems to be unusual on the facelift versions - What are the additional lights set below the foglamps?
I have made many cosmetic modifications to my tourer, including closing the shutline by raising the slam panel and crash beam, I have done it to several 75's
If you look in the October Freewheel you will see my tourer won the award for Best Modern Rover at East Kirby.

The lights below the spots are LED daylight running lights, they are fully enclosed and slightly convex making them a perfect shape to fit in the voids that are covered with black plastic. They come on with the ignition and go off when the sidelights are turned on.

My favourite modification has to be remote opening of the windows with a second press of the original keyfob, and closing of all windows when the car is locked with the original keyfob. This modification can also remote open and close the sunroof, and extend and contract powerfold mirrors if fitted, it will even remote operate a fuel burning heater (FBH). The modifications (known as the Raistin mod) are by means of wiring a module/s up to the BCU, and are the brainchild of Raistlin.

I did the same to my facelift saloon when i had a matching tourer and saloon
It had covered 150,000 miles when the pic below was taken just before I sold it when I put it back to its original spec when i bought it. It was featured on the cover of a 2010 Rover 75/MG ZT calendar. I took it to a BMW bodyshop to have every stone chip removed. They stripped it to the rear doors and re sprayed itnfortunately i was forced to sell it because my garage will only house 2 cars at present, although it was built for 3 in tandem, the wifes car takes up a space, the end space has somehow turned into a utility space.

Neal P2

Post by Neal P2 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 pm

They are very nice subtle improvements I must say - The running lights look discreet and as if they were original fitments and the shut lines really make a difference.
I was quite suprised when I got mine that it didn't have the window closing as standard considering all the other electric goodies they have - a previous mid range Renault I owned had it as standard! - Also another thing that would have been nice would be footwell / door lights again standard on the Renault (although an awful car!). The Rover just has a very tacky stick on reflector.
I must say though they are a superb drive and great value for money now.
Thanks for all the info on yours

Devilish

Post by Devilish » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:51 am

A few of the other countless mods I have pics of
Tool storage
chrome lashing points
Centre brake light
Walnut trimmed console with touch screen tv/dvd/satnav, walnut gearknob and handbrake
Walnut steering wheel real walnut dash and full leather interior, phone/satnav powerpoint by steering wheel
I was suprised that door lighting and remote windows was never fitted as standard even to the early MkI, before they started cost cutting, I can only imagine
cost was a concern even back then. A few members of the 75&ZT club started me off on lighting mods, i have around 60 LED's fitted to the doors and front & rear footwells, the pic below shows thw tailgate LED's I fitted and wired up to the courtesy lights.
The car lights up like a xmas tree when it is dark, not OTT but it looks good, i have some pics somewhere,

Neal P2

Post by Neal P2 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:30 am

I can only say very smart! - I don't think I will ever get around to adding much to mine or I will never finish my old Rover project!, but would like to fit a set of mudflaps perhaps.

I prefer the more modern look of the facelift cars, although I think my own one (Contemporary se spec) does look a bit bland without any chromework. But personally I prefer the interior of the Contemporary version plus the seats are the most comfortable I have ever had in a Rover or any car owned!.

Good luck with yours and thanks for the interesting photos

Andresawan5251

Post by Andresawan5251 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:03 am

I was quite suprised when I got mine that it didn't have the window closing as standard considering all the other electric goodies they have - a previous mid range Renault I owned had it as standard!
Led lights

A business that makes nothing but money is a poor business.
Henry Ford